Friday, July 18, 2014

Now only the EMA is left

I have received my final TMA03 grade and I achieved a 87%. That's not a bad grade and I understand why I lost the other 13%.

I had problems to put everything together as my TMA03 is 185 pages long now and it's becoming difficult for me to put everything under the proper headings and structure with such a long submission.

I asked for feedback on this and my tutor has offered me help with structuring the info and giving advice on how to reduce it and I accepted it. I have been thinking about how different it's when you find someone that is keen to help than when it happens otherwise.

At the beginning of the module I had a not-so-good experience in the preparation forum, it looked like every idea I had was just crap but then I found one that the moderator liked and things started to change from the point I was assigned a tutor onwards.

This module is a lot of work, a lot. I cannot imagine how people having two or more modules on the same year have coped with everything. Having said that, it's also very reflective and you will learn something new for sure. I find it hard but also rewarding if things go as expected but it can be very frustrating for people that having had consistently good grades across the years suddenly cannot fit into the module structure required.

My perception is that there is currently a great difference on how different tutors perceive the structure required for the TMAs (length, etc.) and the main concern I see in the forums has been all the time the length of the TMA and how that differs from the documentation provided and the worry about the second marker having a different approach and cutting down the final grade as he/she was expecting shorter documents.

Let's see what happens, just one EMA left now and if everything goes well for me and I achieve more than a 40% in my EMA I will be a graduate this December.

After 5 years studying I cannot believe I'm almost there.

Fingers crossed.